First off, thanks for checking out my website (proud of it because I coded it from scratch)! It has been on my bucket list for a while.
Now, to get the boring stuff over with, I am a graduated mechanical engineer from the University of Alberta
and am excited to begin my Master of Engineering degree at the University of Toronto in Fall 2020.
I will be in the Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department and will focus my studies towards
robotics and mechatronics (I am super stoked).
At this point, you're probably wondering who I am as a person. I am a high school jock turned engineering nerd. My hobbies and interests include:
The ARVP is an engineering student group at the University of Alberta where they conceptualize, design, and build a functioning robot using machine learning and computer vision architecture as well as mechanical and electrical systems. Over the last 2 years, I have been a part of this group within the mechanical team. In 2019, I was elected as the mechanical team lead, where I managed the design and budget of all mechanical systems used for the team's new robot, Arctos.
One day I was browsing on YouTube and came across a talented YouTuber who created an 8 x 8 x 8 LED Cube using 512 LEDs. They incorporated many different patterns and indicated what methods they used to minimize the amount of I/O pins required. After watching this, I promised myself that I would create one. I was able to build a 3 x 3 x 3 LED Cube using an Arduino Uno (couldn't go higher as I didn't have enough I/O pins) using multiplexing. Instead of requiring 27 I/O pins, I only needed 12 (9 LED cathodes and 3 LED anodes). The system is controlled using a button that can manipulate the cube into different patterns.
This is a relatively new project that I decided to create that involves 2 main aspects. Firstly, the project required an app that had backend logic to control the components. Secondly, the project involved serial communication using the HC-05 bluetooth module and an Ardunio uno. The outcome of the project was an app that controlled an RGB LED to show different colors by using the app's user interface. Moreover, the app also controlled a servo motor, where the user could modify the rotor's angle. Because of this project, I feel more comfortable with creating an app that could control more complicated systems such as a robotic arm or remote controlled vehicle.
Over the summer of 2020, I decided to switch gears and move into unfamiliar territory. I completed 2 Udemy coding boot camps focused on data analysis, data visualization, and supervised and unsupervised machine learning. I focused on creating a supervised model to predict the survival of passengers on the Titanic. The information or features used to classify included their names, boarding class, ticket price, and gender. After rigorously coding away and using random forests coupled with KNN models, I achieved an accuracy score of about 80% (not bad for a basic learning technique). Next, I will create an unsupervised model using PyTorch or Tensorflow to solve some real issues!
Copyright Adesh Sangione 2020